By Doris Elmore
“We’re All in This Together” is the theme for the upcoming Blood Drive, sponsored by the Atwood American Legion Auxiliary and American Red Cross. The blood drive will be held on Thursday, June 25, from 2-7 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall of the United Church of Atwood, 210 N. Main St., Atwood.
Anyone is invited to give. For an appointment call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org. All presenting donors will receive a $5.00 gift card via email after their donation.
The following guidelines will be followed to help keep donors and volunteers safe, in addition to enhanced cleaning and social distancing:
1. All donors must schedule an appointment at redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-733-2767. They will only be able to accept walk-ins where there is an opening in the schedule or there is a no-show appointment. This allows them to practice social distancing as much as possible and avoid a surge of donors at any time during the blood drive.
2. All donors are asked to wear masks while at the drive. One will be provided for any donor that does not have one. If a donor is unwilling to wear a mask, the Red Cross asks that they would postpone their donation.
3. Temperatures of all donors and volunteers will be taken as soon as they walk in the door. Any donor above 99.5 will be asked to come back another time when they do not have a fever.
4. The Red Cross is asking that no one additional, aside from donors and volunteers, are present at the blood drive-ie, no children or anyone not donating.
5. Only single serve prepackaged snacks will be allowed to be served as refreshments. The Red Cross will bring their pre-packaged items and bottle water.